Talize Inc. is looking for an experienced and passionate Systems Administrator to join our growing team of IT experts in a highly productive and flexible environment.
You will become an integral part of our team dedicated to expanding, securing, monitoring, managing, and documenting company’s IT infrastructure. You should be proficient in all aspects of Windows systems administration in addition to having extensive experience working with Point of Sale and Labeling/Barcoding systems. You must be self-driven, able to juggle many tasks under tight deadlines, and be comfortable bringing your own ideas to the table.
Required Personal Qualities and Skills:
- Self-managed, with minimal direction required.
- Program management skills – ability to articulate their deliverables and develop and communicate a project plan for their deliverables.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail and proven ability to follow up and follow through.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Able to quickly comprehend new technologies and techniques and apply them as required.
- Able to work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Able to effectively handle a mix of structured and unstructured tasks.
- Able to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Able to effectively provide user training on IT Systems.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Able to relate well to others.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Capable of writing well-prepared and thought-out reports, business correspondence, system documentation, and procedure manuals.
- Able to work with general tools such as drills, screw drivers, network test tools etc.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Gain technical understanding of all the application processes.
- Maintain overall responsibility of Point of Sale, Labeling/Barcoding and Call Center applications and ensure their alignment with the strategic objectives of the business and Information Technology.
- Administer multiple applications and provide backup support for other software Application Administrators.
- Maintain the software applications, data, and standard operating procedures as it relates to the use of the applications and operational business processes.
- Perform daily functions including the evaluation, coordination and implementation of all aspects of the applications.
- Optimize physical and virtual systems and resource utilization, while continuing to provide system capacity analysis, planning and monitoring.
- Provide technical guidance for process improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate, coordinate, test and implement the applications software releases, upgrades, and patches to support the associated application systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose runtime issues.
- Establish and maintain a Disaster Recovery Plan for the associated applications.
- Maintain the production, test and training data environments where applicable.
- Create and maintain application documentation and step-by-step end user tutorials.
- Participate in after-hours support rotation.
- Depending on work demands, some weekend/holiday/overtime work may be expected.
- Travel as required.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer related field -OR- 10 years of comparable work experience in system administration is required.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are required.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with designing, implementing and maintaining Point of Sale systems in a distributed environment, including expert knowledge in PCI Compliance.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with designing, implementing and maintaining Ticket Labeling/Barcoding systems, including expert knowledge industrial thermal transfer printers. Previous experience with Toshiba TEC printers is a plus.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with SQL Server 2008/2016 in a distributed environment, including expert knowledge in database maintenance, SQL scripting, stored procedures, debugging and general maintenance.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with Window Server 2012/2016 (AD, DNS, DHCP), Windows 7/10.
- 5+ years of experience of maintaining network & systems infrastructure in distributed environment.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing scripts or tools for automating administrative tasks. Solid knowledge in PowerShell is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Tier-1 and Tier-2 Help Desk support.
- 5+ years of experience with Project Management applications.
- 5+ years of building and managing VMWare – virtual computing environments.
- Clean driving record.
- Criminal background check.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an online application