Help Desk Technician:
Canadian owned Retail chain is looking for an experienced Level 1/2 Help Desk Technician to work in a small team dedicated to growing, securing, monitoring, managing, and documenting IT infrastructure. The Help Desk Technician is responsible for operational and technical support to computer users with a primary focus on installing and configuring personal computers, printers and peripheral equipment, assisting with capacity planning for computers and networks, providing support to clients through the Help Desk function and resolving issues ensuring system/data integrity is maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting all information technology issues, including software, hardware, andnetworking.
- Deploy new hardware and software and perform maintenance on existingequipment.
- Provision, deprovision, access rights for all companyresources.
- Assist other Team members with duties as directed by TeamLead/Director.
- Install and update desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, networks, and relatedsoftware.
- Assists end-users in resolving complex technical problems. Resolves and/or refers highly complex technical problems asappropriate.
- Follows up with end-users to ensure that inquiries are resolved within establishedSLAs.
- Logs and tracks inquiries using a ticketing system while maintaining historyrecords.
- Documents and maintains workflows utilized in successful issueresolution.
- Identifies, evaluates, and prioritizes end-user problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved.
- Analyzes and evaluates inquiry/problem reports and makes recommendations to reduce the need for help desk involvement and end-usereffort.
- May provide leadership and work guidance to less experiencedpersonnel.
- Mainly Tier 1, partly Tier 2 SupportLevel.
- Working with a global team, providing Network-/Security Services with a high level ofquality.
- Share knowledge with other teammembers.
- Create and maintain documentation of various systems and softwareprograms.
- Maintain and track all company IT assets (New purchases, replacements andrepairs)
- Develop and deploy end-user system trainingprograms
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be consistently punctual, dependable andreliable
- Accepts ownership of the problem until it isresolved
- Proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similarrole
- Maintains knowledge required to perform the IT Technicianposition.
- Excellent oral and written communicationskills
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solvingskills
- Ability to work independently with minimalsupervision
- Ability to work successfully with an integrated supportteam
- Works effectively with other members of the organization to troubleshoot companyissues.
- Participates in developing procedures and suggesting improvements to existingprocedures.
- Participates in weekly teammeetings.
- Effectively escalates company issues and follows-up to make sure they are taken care ofpromptly.
- Documents all communication in the trouble-ticketing application. Updates all information within the company knowledge base as appropriate
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Customer-oriented attitude
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Mac OS environments Knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- 5+ years On-Site Enterprise Desktop Support
- 5+ years supporting Microsoft Windows
- 5+ years of experience supporting Microsoft Office Suite / 365
- 5+ years of experience supporting Spyware and Antivirus software
- 5+ years of experience upgrading and repairing desktop and/or laptop computers
- 5+ years of experience supporting Point of Sale Systems
- 5+ years of experience supporting labeling systems
- 3+ years of experience supporting android and iOS mobile devices
- 2+ years of experience working in system networking
- 2+ years of experience working with Active Directly (Users / Group) management
- Travel to remote location as required up to60%
- Ability to occasionally work after hours orweekends.
- Required to provide on-call support on a rotationalbasis.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Low voltage wire pulling andtermination
- Ability to use commontools
- Clean driving record (Driver abstractrequired)
- Criminal backgroundcheck
- Post Graduate or University Degree in Computer Science or relevantexperience
- A+ certification preferred
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com