With ten stores in Canada and growing we’re seeking leaders that have an entrepreneurial spirit, passionate about their work, thrive on customer service and developing pipeline talent. We offer a great benefits package with competitive wages and a profit sharing bonus plan.
The Human Resources Coordinator/Recruiter assists with the many areas of the employee experience, and the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions under the direction of the HR Manager. The HR Coordinator/Recruiter carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas:
Health and Safety, Employee Relations, onboarding with a strong emphasis on Recruitment/Talent identification and acquisition. Your broad knowledge of Human Resources concepts will ensure we deliver exceptional service to the employee base. This role will appeal to a candidate that enjoys variety and autonomy.
Provide recruitment support to all departments, including; job postings, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, interviewing, hosting job fairs, Reference checks, and on-boarding plans. Coaches store management teams in recruitment best practices and effective recruiting techniques in keeping with legislative requirements and company policies.
General HR Function:
Provide Administrative support to the Human Resource Manger as required within the HR functions. Assist in the preparation of correspondence and other documentation in a timely and accurate manner, maintain accuracy of Human Resources Shared Drive, and update files and folders. Assist with design, implementation of all Human Resource programs and initiatives while maintaining confidentially of information.
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screening resumes, Performing in-person and phone interviews with candidates
- Performing reference and background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information and benefits during screening process
- Creating and revising Job description and Job posting
- Creating structured interview/guidelines
- Staying current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations
- Assist with the Leave of absence process
- Assist with Benefit administration
- Assist with tracking of Workers compensation claims
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- 2+ Years’ Experience in an HR Role performing recruitment, and other administrative functions.
- University and/or college education, preferably in a discipline related to Human Resources, with completion of HR Certification program.
- Experience with Indeed and LinkedIn recruiter tools.
- Ability to remain efficient and extremely organized while handling a high volume of work
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to seek out answers to questions and problems
- Extremely trustworthy and capable of handling highly sensitive and confidential information
- Strong PC proficiency including MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to learn new applications and techniques quickly and effectively