- Assistant Controller will be responsible for first-level review and oversight of corporate accounting, preparation of external financial reporting requirements, internal monthly management reporting requirements, as well as maintenance and improvements of accounting systems and processes.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Oversee, lead and improve processes for AP, AR, Expenses, Financial Accounting, Fixed assets, periodic management reporting.
- Manage the daily cash cycle.
- Execution of the financial close process including processing of period end journal entries, and preparation of period reporting and analysis.
- Reconciliation of corporate balance sheet accounts and preparation of schedules and various analytical reports for management.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements.
- Financial statement approval and presentation to Senior Management.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Capital expenditure planning and monitoring.
- Additional duties as necessary.
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Full ownership of work
- Desire to take initiative
- Ability to delegate effectively and take full ownership of delegated activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to manage and measure work to ensure teams are on track
Preference Will Be Given To Candidates With Any Of The Following
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Completion of a professional accounting designation program or working towards it
- Experience working in a mid to large company that is high volume transactions.
If you are looking for a new career, Talize might be the place for you to shine!
Thank you for your interest in a career at Talize! Talize is the ultimate Thrift Experience! We offer customers exceptional product and value for their dollar. Our customers return the favour, with every item purchased or donated helping to support the Children's Wish Foundation. At the heart and center of Talize is the Childrenâ€™s Wish Foundation. Talk about a win-win. Talize is your fashion, home and beauty needs destination. An urban space filled with incredible reads and impressive savings. One-of-a-kind and exactly what you were looking for discover it all for less. Like new and all you.
To apply please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org